Energy Saving Programs
The kit offered the following energy-efficiency and water-saving measures for the home:
- By using one energy-efficient showerhead and two faucet aerators and heating your water with natural gas, the past year’s savings could have been up to $20 on your natural gas bill and up to $100 on water and sewer bills.
- Using faucet aerators in both your kitchen and bathroom will reduce the water flow rate up to 65% yet provide a very forceful flow that rinses more efficiently.
- CFL bulbs use up to 75% less electricity than regular incandescent bulbs. If CFLs had replaced four regular bulbs, the past year’s savings could have been $21 on your electricity bill.
The items included in the kits were:
- A programmable thermostat
- Four compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Up to two energy efficient showerheads
- Aerators for your kitchen and bathroom faucets
The program ran from 2005 – 2012. It involved visiting customers door-to-door and offering to install the energy-efficient and water-saving measures. Ecofitt completed roughly 20,000 installations per year.