Multi-Unit Residential Showerhead Replacement Program
Between January 1st and December 11th, 2015, Enbridge Gas Distribution offered its commercial multi-residential customers a rebate for each standard showerhead of 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm) or greater that was replaced with an energy efficient showerhead of 1.5 gpm or less. The customer incentive amounted to $6/showerhead.
Benefits of water conservation:
- Reduction in natural gas costs;
- Reduction in water costs;
- Fewer complaints from building occupants about insufficient hot water.
Here’s how it worked:
- Confirmed that all existing showerheads had a flow rate of greater than 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm) and natural gas was the source for domestic hot water heating.
- Conduct flow rate test on the existing showerheads for 10% of the residential units at the Building Address. The flow rate test should have been administered randomly on each floor on different rises throughout the building. The flow rate test results must have been recorded on the completed and signed 2015 Fixed Retrofit Incentive Application Form including suite numbers where new showerheads were not installed, if applicable.
- Once the forms were complete, the application and flow test results along with the proof of purchase invoice were sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (416) 753-6607.